The Green Line between Israel and Jordan was the line for the cease-fire according to the Rhodes Agreements. The lines agreed in the armistice included almost all the lands assigned to the Jewish state in the framework of the Partition Plan, except a small area south of the Beit Shean valley. However, it included most of the area assigned to the Arab state according to Declaration 181. Also, Hamat Gader and Snir (north-east coast of the Galilee Sea) were left under Syrian control, although they should have been Israeli. After being attacked, Israel added 5,700 km2 to what had been assigned in the Partition. At the end of the war, Israel had 20,770 km2, 77% of the Palestine Mandate after 1922 (about 27,000 km2) and 17.30% of the original Palestinian land (including Jordan). Before the Partition, 7% of the land belonged directly to the Jews, including the land that was the property of the National Jewish Fund (KKL). The area that was added after the Arab attack was of good quality and relatively abundant in sediments. This duplicated the areas that were apt for agriculture compared to the areas set in the Partition, which included approximately 9,600 km2 of the Negev desert for the Jewish state. In a few months, the Jewish population increased to 1,000,000, after hundreds of thousands of immigrants arrived in Palestine between Nov/30/1947 and the armistice of July 1949. The non-Jewish population (Arab-speaking) that remained in the State of Israel reached 156,000 people. Eastern Jerusalem (including the Old City and the holy sites) and the West Bank were conquered by the Hashemite Emirate of Trans-Jordan and the Gaza Strip was occupied by Egypt. The other Arab state was not created.